Christmas Tribute Honors Loved Ones & Helps Cancer Patients
The holiday season is upon us with its rich tradition of peace, good will and generosity. One of the traditions embraced by Anderson Regional Cancer Center is the Christmas Tribute — our annual ceremony honoring the special people in your life.
With the purchase of an ornament, your loved one is recognized and the Cancer Patient Benevolence Fund receives funds to help cancer patients in our area with things they may not be able to afford, such as transportation assistance, prosthesis, medicine assistance, lymphedema supplies and food.
The annual Christmas Tribute Ceremony will be held Thursday, December 11, at 3 p.m., in Anderson's north lobby. A reception will follow immediately for donors, honorees, employees and friends.
Please give today. A minimum gift of $10 is suggest for each ornament.
Forms to contribute can be found at the Cancer Center, the main hospital or by clicking below to download.
Anderson Regional Breast Center invites you to a Lunch & Learn session Tuesday, October 14, 2014, in the Auditorium. In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness month, this session will feature seven expert physicians who will take questions from the audience.
The Lunch & Learn will begin at noon and lunch will be served. To reserve your spot, please call 601.553.6335 today.
Anderson Regional MRI Center now offers the area's only Open MRI imaging services.
An open MRI is more pleasant for patients who are claustrophobic and for people who are physically too large to be in a closed MRI tunnel.Â Plus, an open MRI is able to catpure more precise images across a wider range of
Benefits of an Open MRI
• Patients are able to see the room surrounding them, which minimizes claustrophobia.
• An open MRI allows the patient to be positioned in the center of the magnet, producing the best images.
• Open MRI scanners aren’t as noisy as closed MRI scanners, making the experience more peaceful for the patients.
• Open MRI scanners have a lower magnetic field strength, so patients with metal implants are able to get clearer pictures.
• Patients are able to move more in open MRI scanners because, not only are you not closed off, but images are less likely to be distorted by patient movement.