Anderson Regional MRI Center is conveniently located between Anderson-North and Anderson-South at 2115 13th Street.
Our highly trained and compassionate staff will make your visit the most comfortable possible using two MRI machines — the more traditional Closed MRI and the new Open MRI.
Though any MRI is painless, an open MRI is more pleasant for patients who are claustrophobic and for people who are physically too large to be in a closed MRI tunnel. Aside from the fact that it is open, an Open MRI is basically the same thing as a Closed MRI. It is a medical imaging technique used in radiology to view internal structures of the body.
Benefits of an Open MRI
An open MRI provides many benefits over a closed MRI including:
• Patients are able to see the room surrounding them, which minimizes claustrophobia.
• An open MRI allows the patient to be positioned in the center of the magnet, producing the best images.
• Open MRI scanners aren’t as noisy as closed MRI scanners, making the experience more peaceful for the patients.
• Open MRI scanners have a lower magnetic field strength, so patients with metal implants are able to get clearer pictures.
• Patients are able to move more in open MRI scanners because, not only are you not closed off, but images are less likely to be distorted by patient movement.
Call 601-703-5720 for more information.
Hours: Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.