The Emergency Department/Trauma Center at Anderson Regional Medical Center, located on 14th Street is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide emergency care and treatment to those in need.
The Anderson Emergency Department offers highly sophisticated care and has many features for patient's comfort and convenience. These include a comfortable waiting area with TV.
Certified by the State of Mississippi as a Level III Trauma Center and Primary Pediatric Trauma Center, the Anderson Emergency Department treats more than 35,000 people each year, including patients with life-threatening injuries such as head and neck injuries, typically from motor vehicle accidents; spinal cord injuries; third-degree burns; and gunshot wounds.
The Emergency Department at Anderson Regional Medical Center includes:
- Rapid assessments of patients with stroke symptoms as well as the latest in stroke care including clot-busting agents
- Rapid assessments of cardiac disease and trauma
- Expert treatment for patients of all ages, from children to older adults
- Highly trained and skilled medical staff, including board-certified emergency physicians, surgeons and surgical sub-specialists committed to caring for traumatically injured patients
- Specially trained anesthesiologists and radiology technicians devoted to all aspects of trauma care
- An expertly trained nursing staff, all certified in advanced cardiac life support, trauma-nurse certified and are pediatric advanced life support certified, as well as trained in disaster and Hazmat management.
- Access to mental health resources
- Advanced technologies, including filmless X-ray technology that allows the radiologist and physician to view test results simultaneously and bedside ultrasound for trauma patients requiring quick assessments for major organ injuries