At Anderson Regional Medical Center, we believe that admission to the hospital should be both simple and quick. The first step is that your doctor makes a reservation for you. If the doctor's reservation is made a few days prior to your scheduled admission, we may call you for more information to make your admission faster on the day you arrive. To make your pre-admission go faster, you may also submit your pre-admission forms for Ob/Gyn by fax to 601-553-6783 .
When You Arrive
Maternity patients should come directly to the Admissions Desk at the main entrance of Anderson Regional Medical Center. A hospital representative will escort you to the Labor and Delivery unit.
What to Bring
When you come to the hospital, please be sure to bring the following:
- Your labor bag including your baby’s clothing. Your car seat should be brought on the day you go home.
- A list of your daily medications dosages.
- Do not bring your medications with you.
- Glasses, toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush, etc.), robe, slippers
- Insurance information, emergency telephone number
- A copy of your advance directives
- Please do not bring cash or valuables.
For more information, please contact our Admissions Department by calling 601-553-6000.
The Growing Family Web Nursery is our website that posts your baby’s picture within one week of birth. With your permission, we take a picture of your newborn to post at www.jarmc.org for all your family and friends to see! Ask your nurse for more information about the program.